The Beginning...

of the End....

So the last 6 or 7 months have rattled by. We did a lot of work at Easter but unfortunately it was all back pedalling and little bits and bobs so I did not bother writing a post up.

Then there was a break. Will went back to Uni to finish off his Masters in Mechanical Engineering and I went back to Uni to finish my penultimate year of Med School.

Fast track to today, Wills finished, done well and landed a job from September so he can now play with the Sprite until then! I have a few more weeks of slog to go and then will join him to finish her off. At the rate he's going hopefully there will be something left to do!

A trip was made (that I unfortunately couldn't go on :() to Archers to Collect the Bonnet and Rear sections. The seats will be coming in a few weeks and we've decided to continue with our period conversion hard top rather than the coupe top for now. Going for a look similar to: http://sebringsprite.com/wyt381.html

Whilst working an Antenatal clinic at half 6 in the evening having been there since half 8 in the morning (one of those days) I received a text with a photo...



Finally there is something Sebring about her!

over the last few days Wills been cracking on and making good progress getting the door and bonnet gaps sorted.







Hopefully lots more to come over the next few weeks. We want to get her on the road by the bank holiday weekend of August and at the latest by early September: She will mark what I believe (must check against my tickets!) is probably our 10th year at the Goodwood revival (having missed one since going in around 2001 I believe..).

Comments

  1. Hi

    Looks great!

    I am planning a similar build of a Sebring Sprite with standard body like WYT 381. Just bought a Mk2 sprite and started collecting bits...

    Good luck with the rest of the build
    Cheers
    Mike

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts